Side effects may include: Pain, loss of loved ones, and a decrease in self-confidence.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mr. Poe's Going to Eat His Heart Out!

The following contains content from Creative Writing in Language Arts on Wednesday. There may or may not be some opinions or comments after each one. Enjoy!

CW #1 9/9/09
4. The lawn appeared to be green. The old, oak tree's leaves were already brightly orange or yellow or red. Almost half of the leaves were missing, although none littered the ground. Just then, one enthusiastic leaf decided to leap off his stem and into the wild breeze beyond. Sadly, the leaf did travel long before it's course became altered and he was sent to the ground. Upon making contact, the leaf felt a tingling sensation and spontaneously burst into flame. Within seconds, the leaf, the very enthusiastic leaf, was gone from this universe entirely.
Somewhere in another universe, upon a very green planet, a very enthusiastic, bright red leaf appeared out of no where upon the very green lawn. Along came a being that looked slightly human, but mostly alien. He had a green skin tone, "How cliche." he thought. There were more than four eyeballs covering his forehead and he wore a bright purple suit. Upon that suit was a name tag which read; Leafroy. Leafroy was in existence for one reason only. The "Autumn Leaves", he heard they were called. They provided him nourishment and mostly, love.


I wrote that when I couldn't think of anything to write. I looked out the window and saw a tree with almost half of the leaves gone. But, I couldn't see a single leaf on the ground. I found that quite odd. Thus, I started writing and this is what showed up. Well, on to the next one!

CW #2 9/16/09
4. The students had a plan. An evil plan. A most likely illegal plan. It all started on a Tuesday, go figure, when the students all sat down. Charlie had brought something to school. Something dangerous. This sounds like the back of an incredibly "target the teenagers" type of book which is full of teenager problems, a bomb report and romantically inclined vampire. I mean, that's all that people are writing. Somehow, vampires became alluring. I miss when vampires were terrifying creatures that sucked blood of innocent people and didn't care at all. Now, they don't even turn into bats. OKAY, BORING TOPIC! Charlie kicked the bomb, it went off, they all died, the end.

I have no idea why I decided to write this, but it is completely honest when I'm talking about vampires these days. I mean, sure, we can all deal with Twilight. But, all I'm seeing these days, are romantic novels, most of the time including vampires. I bet I'm not the only one who's noticing this. Well, enough rambling. Next one!

CW #4 9/30/09
4. The author decided it was time for the banker to die. Mr. Poe was driving along in his black Oldsmobile when a mysterious man lunged in front of him. Mr. Poe swerved, crashing into a gas station, it exploded. "Well, that's the end of that." said the figure, who was Jim Carrey. Out of the billowing sheets of smoke, Mr. Poe emerged, a shotgun in hand. This battle was going to happen now, not later. Jim Carrey took out a machete, and they got to work. Slicing and dicing, shooting and dodging, only one would be the victor. Mr. Poe bounces up to Jim Carrey, his belly jiggling. "There can be only one!" he screamed, and shoved his hand into one of Jim Carrey's wounds, pulling out his heart. He then took a bite of it.

Oh, wow. Apparently, this is a Series of Unfortunate Events, Jim Carrey and Highlander parody. I really like the idea of Mr. Poe being all bad-ass and the part where I wrote "billowing sheets of smoke". It kind of disturbed me when I read the part about the heart, but it would be so cool if it was in the Unfortunate Events movie. Under this, was a picture of a fat man in a suit and top hat with a poorly drawn heart in his hand with a bite mark. He is saying, "Oh, delectable!"

Well, that seems like enough for one blog post. I might write another one later tonight telling what I did this past week, or I'll write it tomorrow. Either way, see you guys soon!

Money: $22.50 (Some of it is lunch money.)
Followers: 7 (You guys should comment...)

1 comment:

  1. lol i like he second one. but you have a very twisted mind...lol

    ReplyDelete