Side effects may include: Pain, loss of loved ones, and a decrease in self-confidence.

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Delivery, A Very Potter Musical, Gumby Scares Dogs

For the last four or so hours, I have been squeeing with no end in sight. I feel it is my right to explain why there is a need to squee so much. I'll start at the beginning, although, it gets good near the middle. Enjoy!

Last night, almost nearing midnight, I see the amazing and very talented in the English arts hayleyghoover has posted a new post on her blog of many posts. After done reading, I scroll down to the comments and see someone say something about a musical about Harry Potter called "A Very Potter Musical". I click the link provided and see that I've come upon this before. I had left before the video was over. I decided to watch the whole video, which became the next one, and the next one, and the next one, until it was two in the morning and I was on Act 2. Let me say, that this was simply BRILLIANT. It's done by college students and they did it for a weekend, never to do it again, sadly. Although they recorded it!, thank GOD. Malfoy, played by a girl, made me have a laughing fit around one in the morning and Voldey and Quirrel going on a night on the town, and Dumbledore with the Zefron poster, and and and. It. Was. Awesome. That's how I spent last night. Click on the link or I no longer love you.

Eight hours later, I wake up. Two more hours after that, my mom, Zach, and I go to Bob's to get new pants for school. UGH. I get some killer pants that fit me really good and look even better. After that we head over to Red Robin, the restaurant that is cooler-than-99, but not-as-good-as-Panera Bread. I order the Five Alarm Burger that is the perfect amount of heat and tastiness.
As we're waiting I draw an empty table across from us and think it'd look better with arms. I leave it near the front of the table when we leave so people can bask in the beauty. Before we leave, I take a piece of napkin and a pen, and write, "To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." quoting our dead, gay headmaster, Albus Dumbledore. I tie this little napquote, (Quotekin?) to one of the many Red Robin balloons, it was green, and watch it fly away into the distance.

After quickly rushing through Barnes and Noble and obtaining a Leather-bound copy of H.G Well's Seven Novels, "The Book Thief", "Harry, A History", and one of those little box things of Gumby and Pokey. They're so cute, haha. Twenty-fiveish minutes later,-- THAT WAS THE BIGGEST DANG MOTH I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Half way through a sentence, I hear what sounds like one of those Clacker things and see this hand-sized moth flying towards. I squeal and run upstairs bringing along my mom, brother, and my two dogs to destroy the beast. After many shoe throws, we finally destroy it, to my utter happiness. Now, back to the story. Twenty-fiveish minutes later, we arrive at our house. My mom says "Oooh, Benjamin! Look what's at the door!" I whip my face away from Gumby and see a brown box with a smile on the side on my doorstep.

After thoroughly washing my hands, I take scissors and carefully pry the tape off of that box. I gasp in amazement. This was really it. A white outer cardboard with "This Side Up" in beautiful Harry Potter lettering looks up at me. I carefully smooth this part of the packaging off of what I really want. There, in front of me, was a pretty large looking book-box that was made to look like a Hogwarts Library book. It looks old and worn, but it was meant to be old and worn. It was beautiful. Inside was a little felt pouch, next to an envelope containing beautiful prints of Jo Rowling's Beedle the Bard drawings. Inside the pouch, was the coolest part. It was the book that I waited less for a week for, which is a long time for me. It has a skull on it with jeweled eyes and metal corners and a metal clasp. Inside contained a hand-written-looking introduction by J.K. Rowling. It was probably definitely worth the money spent on it. Thank goodness.

My dogs are afraid of Gumby. Whenever I show him to either of them they are like "GET THAT MONSTER OUT OF MY FACE!!! AHHHH!!!"

Well, I don't really want to write anymore. I'm going to go watch Ella Enchanted and play Sims 2. My widowing Elder just married a newly Adult. Pip Pip, cheerio!

Money: 100 (I haven't payed my mother back yet.)
Followers: 3 :)

Bye guys, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment