Side effects may include: Pain, loss of loved ones, and a decrease in self-confidence.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Goodbye, Tubing, and things. I Gotta Go!!!

This will be much shorter than yesterday, trust me.

Today, I woke up in a trance at 9:30 AM, got dressed in a swim suit and T-shirt, ate breakfast and went to this river with my mom's friend and her two daughters. The area where we were stopping was, by sign, called "Satan's Kingdom". Well, then. We pull up to the tube place and each of us grab a tube to ride on down the river. That's right, river rafting. We all try, horribly, to get onto the tube and get into the water. The water freezes my butt to the core, and I speed down the river ahead of everyone else. I come to this huge rapid under a highway bridge and am so excited and terribly nervous, all at the same time. No one flipped the entire way, sadly. I jumped in at one point, stupidly, getting frozen in the meantime. We come to the get-off point, pile into a blue, (yes, blue), bus and go back to our cars and change and all that.

Next, we got to Subway across the street. I get a 6 inch, Italian herbs and cheese bread, ham and American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and mayo. Yum! While eating, we discuss how horrible of an actress Kristen Stewart is, the new Harry Potter movie, hilarious twilight parodies, no one being able to come up with a favorite band, and tons of more interesting, talk-able stuff. After, I get my mom into stopping at Borders. Ohhhhh boy! After about 30 minutes of not finding anything remotely interesting, I come upon Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances. Okay, not a summer book. But, it has John Green and Maureen Johnson and someone else I don't know about co-writing it, so I bought it. John Green is one of my favorite authors and I've heard many good things about Maureen Johnson. I then go to my dad's house to pick up clothes for my week-long trip, wash them all, go and get the Internet things taken care of, pack everything up, and it took me around four hours to do all of that. Sad, really. Now, this is where I am. Keeping all 5 of you, (I KNOW! FIVE!! AHHHH!!!), updated on my, "Hmm. Wait, what??" life. It feels good to tap these keys knowing that at least some people actually read this.

In about an hour I'm going to be at one of my best friends, Cam,'s house to get ready for an 10 to maybe 14 hour car ride to a place I've never been to, North Carolina. We're going to be staying at a beach house called the "Arcadia Panda House", because of it's panda statue and it's game room, most likely. It has a heated pool, heated hot tub, pool table, Foosball table, HD TV, and much other awesome opossum things. Well, there's not much more for me to say besides I'll be gone for a whole week. And school is like three days after I get home. I know, I'm scared too.

Money: 250 (Booh-yah!)
Followers: 5 (Sexy beasts.)

1 comment:

  1. wait, maureen johnson as in Rent maureen johnson? :O like, lesbo-superawesome-catsuit-'take me baby or leave me!' maureen johnson? AWESOME. :D lol

    ReplyDelete