Side effects may include: Pain, loss of loved ones, and a decrease in self-confidence.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lake Censored For Safety and "The Bingo King"

I've had the "Create Post" window open all day, planning on filling it with words, but never got around to it and I have absolutely no excuse for that at all. So, I've decided it is time.

Yesterday, I went to a theme park called Lake *CENSORED FOR SAFETY* for my dad's company picnic. It is a theme park surrounding a wide lake. It is apparently the oldest theme park in America, but I don't really know how to be sure of that. It is very famous for it's free soda around the park, to my enjoyment. At the beginning of the day, my dad, his girlfriend, my brother, and I go to the lockers to put our clothes that we'd switch into later into a "Large" size locker, which is obviously not large. We cram it all in there successfully, and see more of my family. My Aunt, Auntie Patty, and my two cousins, Brian and Stephanie. We decide to go over to the end of the park where the Water Rafting ride is at. We were almost the only ones there, because everyone else was waiting for the water park to open. We got on it three times getting soaked in the process which was very fun. After that, we go over to the water park while my dad's girlfriend and Brian go on Boulder Dash, the only roller-coaster built into the side of a mountain.

Later, we go up to this ride called Wipe Out. I tell everyone if they go on with me, I'll go on it. Everyone, and I mean everyone, said no. So, I went on it alone. It was terrifying and amazing and crazy and totally my own. After I got off, I felt a sense of accomplishment because I was the only one who went on. I was all smiley for a while after that.

After, we went to the pavilion to get food and stuff. I got a load of Mac N' Cheese, potato salad, a potato, and a chicken breast. After that my plate was full and there was no room for a burger, taco, clam chowder, and more. I didn't even see that stuff. I think about putting some of it back, but than if I was someone else, I'd think that was nasty. There's a "Today's Fail" for you guys.

We sit down in a row of picnic tables and grab some bingo cards. We played until all the prizes were gone. Around four prizes left, I am terrifyingly close to getting five numbers in a row. I still remember the last one I needed, "N 33". And sure enough, the announcer calls out: "N 33." Astounded, I shout "BINGO!" which caused many bingoers to moan with grief. I race up to the front, the announcer checks if I got them all, and tells everyone the horrible news that I won and they didn't. I take a TWENTY FIVE DOLLAR BLOCKBUSTER CARD. My family should've known I have a knack for winning things. I once won a huge TV when I was like nine-years-old.

After we went on this ride with Zach and Brian. The video does NOT do it justice. Right when we get on the ride, I take my flip-flops off and put them on the seat. One drops off right away. Thank God it did, because if I dropped it five minutes later, no one would be able to get it. When we were going up, the height below us was indescribable and Brian informed me if I looked back, I "would wet my pants and try and jump off when we were near the ground." When we turned at the top of the highest point imaginable, I peed mentally. I could see the mall where I usually go that was over 30 miles away. I could see about as much as you could from an airplane. It was ridiculously horrifying and surprisingly amazing.

Much to much happened after that to record here, including me cutting my foot on the ground of this wave pool, us going on the kids' up-down-fall-at-any-time ride, with me screaming and then laughing at myself, and going on the swings and pretending I was running wicked fast on people's heads and picnic umbrellas. After Lake *CENSORED FOR SAFETY*, we went to my other cousin, Brittany's, graduation party. We greeted my grandma and her boyfriend, my grandpa and his wife, and my uncle. We chatted for a bit, but they soon left since they've been there all day. After that we didn't have much to do because almost everyone there was either eighteen or we did not know them. I played Frisbee with E.J., my dad's girlfriend, and Zach. We had dinner, congratulated my cousin, and decided there was nothing else we could do. We left, I got home to my mom's house, I watched a movie of a good book, Speak, with Kristen Stewart (Ugh), and went to bed at two in the morning because of Facebook. By the way, sorry for the length of this post. =/

I'd have to say, yesterday was very fun, indeed.

Money: $100 (Booyah!)
Followers: 3 (Tell your friends!)

Bye guys, I'll see you soon.

P.S: Beedle the Bard didn't come in yet. I'm hopeful for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Speak. The only reason I don't ever watch the movie when it's on is because Kristen Stewart makes me want to grab her head through the TV screen, slap her, and scream SHOW SOME ACTUAL EMOTION into her face while she collapses in tears.

    ReplyDelete